Welcome to the first ‘Product of the Month’ Spotlight. Designed to help you choose the best products for your skin or nail concerns and issues, each month you’ll be able to have an in-depth look at one product, how to use it, it’s benefits and results that can be achieved by using each product. These effective products are powerful, and therefore, crucially, we will also advise which skin types or conditions they would not be suitable for.
It only seems right to start with La Biosthetique’s Lotion Desincrustante, from the Methode Clarifiante range of skincare. A hard-working, multi-tasking lotion, it can be used in a number of ways on the body, face and even the scalp.
Recommended for congested or impure skin (even if dry), Lotion Desincrustante is a deep acting lotion. It’s active ingredients are antiseptic and antibacterial and include:
- Salicylic Acid
- Lemongrass Oil
- Reduces enlarged pores
- Removes sebum from clogged pores
- Removes oily film on the skin’s surface
- Softens comedones (making them easier to extract)
- It acts as a disinfectant
- Reduces likelihood of acne spreading
- Helps to combat dandruff
- Reduces and in some cases eliminates ingrown hairs and blocked follicles after waxing
- Helps prevent back acne during the summer, particularly for men
How to Use:
- Thoroughly cleanse the skin using Clair De Teint Cleansing Gel, or any gentle cleanser
- Put some Lotion Desincrustante on dry cotton wool
- Apply to treatment area and leave on for no more than five minutes
- If applying to scalp, dab lotion onto scalp while hair is dry
- PLEASE NOTE: your skin/scalp might start to tingle after a few minutes.
- Wash off lotion using a gentle cleanser, shower gel or shampoo depending on the area treated
- If using on the face, finish with a light non-comedogenic moisturister
- Lotion Desincrustante should be used no more than 1 – 2 times per week
NB If using Lotion Desincrustante after waxing, please wait 48 hours after waxing to use this product
Lotion Desincrustante should not be used on an area of skin where:
- You have rosacea, psoriasis or eczema
- You have broken skin, such as cuts or abrasions
- You know your skin is very sensitive
- You are allergic to alcohol/ethanol or any other ingredients in the product
- Your skin is particularly thin for example where you have been using a topical steroid cream
This great lotion is one of the hero products of La Biosthetique skincare and can be purchased in the salon for £23.75 for 100 mls.